Saturday, September 13, 2014

Product Review: Remington Ceramic Elliptical Styling Wand




My hair is naturally stick straight and pretty flat. It also doesn't work very well for updos :/ So I'm always looking for ways to switch up my look. Last month I bought the Remington Elliptical Wand. It's basically a clamp-less curling iron with an oval barrel instead of the usual round shape. It comes with a glove to protect your hand from the heat. The barrel is silk ceramic and heats up to 410 degrees. I have used it a few times now and I am pleased with the results. It does give more loose waves instead of the tighter curls of a traditional curling iron. It heats up very quickly, and I can wave all of my hair in about 10-15 minutes, which is nice because I usually am running short on time. The only con I've found with it is that while I have it wound up on my head, sometimes my hand hits the buttons on the side and accidentally changes the temperature or turns it off...so I kind of wish they had put the buttons in a different place. Anyways, here is how I use it: 

1. First I spray my hair down with a heat protector.
2. I separate my hair into two sections, bottom and top, and pin up the top half with a jaw clip.
3. I start with the bottom half, wrapping each 1-inch strand around the barrel and holding it there for around 10-12 seconds. I catch the curl as soon as I remove it from the wand and hold it there for a second or two to help the curl set a little better.
4. Repeat the same process for the top half.
5. Gently separate the waves with my fingers and mist lightly with some hairspray. 

Here is what it looks like when I first finish before I've separated the waves:


And here's after I've finished styling:


And here is 8 hours later (after being in the humidity all day): 



And there you have it. It doesn't make huge, dramatic curls or anything, but for me it's a nice change to have a little extra body. It's less than $20 on Amazon.com, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone else looking for a way to change up their 'do :)




1 comment: