Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Vegan Copycat Cafe Angelina Hot Chocolate


One of my favorite stops in Paris last spring was Cafe Angelina. I think I've mentioned before on here that their hot chocolate was the best. ever. I had to recreate it at home. And I wanted it to be vegan because while tasty, heavy cream isn't exactly healthful. This recipe is super simple with only two ingredients and can be made in less than 10 minutes. It's thick and rich, and full of healthy fats from the coconut milk. Enjoy!






Ingredients:
Approximately 1 1/3 cups full fat coconut milk- I used So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk in the 11 oz. container.

3/4 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Bring the coconut milk to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Add in chocolate chips a little at a time, continuing to whisk. Once all of the chocolate is melted and blended, remove from heat and serve.

Makes 2 teacup-size servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment