Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fitness

Since having my little one, I don't exactly have tons of free time for going to the gym/working out. I used to love Zumba classes, but for me now, that is no longer a practical option, so to stay in shape, we take walks on the beach every other day or so, and I also like to squeeze in workouts at home with the help of some fitness dvds. I've tried many different ones but these 3 have turned out to be my favorites. Jessica Smith and Amy Dixon are some of the best instructors I've personally seen so far because they explain the moves well and are easy to keep up with. 



1. 10 Minute Solution: Quick Tummy Toners This is definitely my favorite of them all, I love that the workouts are only 10 minutes long but they are enough to get my heart rate up. I especially love the "Bikini Belly" and "Yoga Abs"  segments. I  feel like my stomach is the area I'd like to work on most, and this is perfect for that, and the best part is that most of the exercises on this program are NOT crunches, yay!

2. Women's Health: Total Workout in Ten! This video features four 10 minute sessions so you can do just one if you're pressed for time, or you can mix and match to build your own workout. It has a mix of cardio, toning, and flexibility and balance.

3. Women's Health: Train for Your Body Type I love the wide variety of options here for building a custom workout and switching it up for many different combinations.

I've had these dvd's for a few years now, and while they're all good and have plenty of options, I still have trouble getting motivated to do them and I am also craving some new material... So, I decided to join a Beachbody challenge group! It starts this coming Saturday and I'm pretty pumped! A friend of mine is a beachbody coach and I'll be working with her and checking in with the group every day which I think will be a huge motivation to actually get it done. I've never been accountable to anyone for my workouts before so now I can't use lame excuses to get out of them :)


I'll be doing the "Focus T25 Challenge". It's led by Shaun T (creator of the Insanity workouts) and it will be 5 days a week for 25 minutes a day. I think it's totally doable. I'll report back later and let you know how it goes! What's your favorite way to stay in shape??

No comments:

Post a Comment