Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vegan Coconut Oatmeal

                        

This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes and it's very easy to make so I wanted to share! I just tried Irish style oatmeal and it is amazing! Any non-instant oatmeal will work for this but I recommend trying the Irish style (aka steel cut oats), the texture is wonderful :)


                     
Serves 1
Ingredients: 
1 cup water
1/2 cup steel cut oats (or rolled oats if you prefer)
1 1/2 tablespoons raw coconut butter (I like Artisana)
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon (or to taste) pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk (I use So Delicious brand)

Directions: 
Bring water to a boil, add in oats and cook according to your package directions. When oats are done, remove from heat and immediately add coconut butter, stir well to combine. Next add in maple syrup and all other ingredients and stir. Enjoy!

1 comment: