Friday, August 2, 2013

My top 10 baby/toddler products

There are soo many products out there for babies, and you'll hear different recommendations from everyone, but these are my personal must haves:

1. Piyo Piyo baby nail scissors. These were a total life saver. Before we got these, I was terrified of cutting my baby's fingernails so I had my husband or other family members do it, and after her fingers got nicked a couple times, I looked into other options beyond the regular baby nail clippers. These had wonderful ratings on Amazon.com and with good reason; it is much, much easier to avoid cutting the skin! Since we've had these, her skin has not been cut once.



2. Austin Air Baby's Breath Air Purifier. Not only does this air purifier remove allergens, bacteria, and VOCs, it also makes a great white noise for baby to sleep with and it looks super cute. It was a little pricier than other models but the cuteness factor won me over... love it!



3. Burt's Bees Baby Bee diaper ointment. I have loved Burt's Bees for quite a while now, and this one did not disappoint. I love the fact that it's all natural, with no added fragrance or chemicals. I actually love the whole line of baby products including the shampoo and lotion



4. BabyGanics Cover Up Baby Sunscreen. Once again, an all natural product with no parabens, phthalates, toxins, petroleum, or artificial fragrances or colors. It goes on smoothly unlike some of the other natural baby sunscreens I've tried, and it protects well, even in water.



5. Baby Lit board books. So, so adorable, and a great way to introduce your little one to classic literature! 




6. Petunia Pickle Bottom Cake diaper bag. I found mine on sale and while this bag was a bit more expensive than some, I thought it was worth it because it has basically replaced my purse for a few years and I wanted something a little more sophisticated and stylish than the plain or cartoonish ones I was finding everywhere. It has held up really well so far and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use it as a carry-on or overnight bag for myself after the diaper bag phase is over so it was a little Mommy treat I was willing to splurge on :)



7. Ella's Kitchen baby food pouches. These pouches make feeding on-the-go so much easier! The food is organic with no artificial additives, plus the pouch is BPA free. The flavor combinations are unique and delicious, my daughter loves them!


8. Kokopax backpack carrier. We tried a few different carriers, but this one was by far the best. It's not for newborns (we never did find a perfect option for us for that stage), babies have to be 16 lbs. and able to sit upright to use it, but it is so nice for doing housework or taking walks when you don't want to break out the huge stroller, or are going places that it might be difficult to push a stroller through (hiking through taller grass, on the beach, etc.) The kickstand makes it super easy to load baby in without any help and my daughter enjoys being high up and able to see everything. 





9. Vick's nursery vaporizer. This is the only vaporizer we've tried, but it worked great for us. It is easy to use, has an automatic shut-off feature, and it really helped with cold symptoms. I can definitely tell a difference in her coughing/congestion after we put this in her room when she starts to get a cold. 



10. Jellycat Bianca Kitty. This cat is incredibly soft and cuddly, it's one of my daughter's favorite toys. I love that you can just throw it in the washer and it comes out looking good as new.




I hope you enjoyed my list! Do you have any favorite baby items you'd like to share? I'd love to hear about them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment