Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pineapple Ginger Turmeric Smoothie

This tropical, raw vegan smoothie is full of anti-inflammatory, health-boosting ingredients. It's super refreshing and a great way to start your day or pick you up in the middle of the afternoon!


Ingredients:
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 banana
1 inch fresh ginger root
1 inch fresh turmeric root
2 tablespoons raw shelled hemp seeds
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1/3 cup orange juice

Instructions:
Simply add all ingredients to your blender and blend on high until smooth. If you like your smoothies sweeter (I found the banana and pineapple added enough sweetness for my own taste), add a tad of maple syrup to the mix.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks fabulous! Where did you find tumeric?
    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found turmeric at my local organic grocery store, but I've seen it at Asian markets as well.

      Delete