Friday, March 20, 2015

Vegan Coconut Cacao Sunbutter Cups



These snack cups are high in protein, free of refined sugar, easy to make, and so yummy!

Vegan Coconut Cacao Sunbutter Cups
Adapted from The Honour System's recipe here.

Makes approximately 8-9 cups

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sunbutter, I used smooth
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + more for the top
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup cacao nibs, I use Navitas Naturals

Instructions:
Mix up the sunbutter, coconut oil, 1/3 cup shredded coconut, maple syrup, and most of the cacao nibs (save a few for sprinkling on top). Line a muffin tin with paper liners and pour into cups. Sprinkle the tops with the hemp seeds, extra shredded coconut and cacao nibs. Freeze for about 20-30 minutes to set. I stored mine in the freezer to keep them from melting. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh those look so good! I am based in Houston..do you think these would melt easily?
    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, I'm in Florida and I just keep them in the freezer until I'm ready to eat them, the fridge would probably work too.. I just wouldn't leave them out in the heat for more than a few minutes :)

      Delete